Counsel & Senior Attorney (CSA) Professional Development:
- Coordinate global CSA review process, including by:
- determining from whom CSAs should be reviewed;
- preparing review system with appropriate solicitations;
- collecting feedback (occasionally drafting comments in connection with discussion sessions);
- tracking progress and coordinating follow-up efforts;
- collaborating with relevant partners to construct overview and ensure delivery;
- identifying training needs based on performance trends.
- Implement initiatives related to leadership development, engagement, morale and information flow.
- Serve as information gatekeeper for processes related to workflow, performance and promotions.
- Provide general assistance on ad-hoc projects.
Associate Professional Development:
- Implement annual associate review process for NY office associates in assigned practice area.
- Track associates’ individual workflow capacities and flag potential issues, as needed.
- Develop relationships with associates in order to serve as a resource for questions regarding their individual professional development.
- Maintain internal associate records.
- Coordinate coaching engagements for lawyers across seniority levels.
- Partner with relevant Professional Development team members to identify appropriate outside consultants and monitor the success of each engagement.
- Act as primary point of contact for consultants, participants and senior lawyer stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to participants through each step in the process, from initiation to completion.
- Report to firm management on coaching program metrics, trends and costs; recommend and implement improvements in the process.
- Prepare and execute confidentiality agreements, engagement letters and related documents with outside consultants; track and process all coaching related invoices.