Cleary Gottlieb’s Practice Development function is responsible for the design, creation and management of a suite of knowledge solutions which enable Partners and lawyers to find, access, and utilize knowledge and IP in the course of business development and client delivery. Within this function, the Global Research team is responsible for a range of services with particular emphasis on establishing and delivering research products to support the Partners’ and the firm’s business development activities. The Competitive Intelligence Researcher scopes and develops insightful research and competitive analysis which informs decision making and contributes effectively to strategic planning and go-to-market efforts.
· Work closely with the Global Research Lead to help design and implement the Practice Development research and competitive intelligence strategy and associated products and services.
· Undertake and synthesize competitive research into insightful, analytical outputs using a range of internal and external information sources, specialized tools and market data.
· Develop and deliver research and intelligence products that take into account local requirements and preferences whilst retaining a common and global approach.
· Manage the day-to-day collection of competitive insights and intelligence for use on a request, project or program basis; optimize a blend of internal and third party solutions to create a best-of-breed approach.
· Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact with regard to competitive research, keeping abreast of developments in the legal sector and wider business environment (with particular focus on legal support trends, resources and technologies).
· Collaborate with Global Research colleagues and contribute to other research projects as needed.
· Set and maintain quality standards for research outputs and deliverables, gathering requester feedback on a continuous basis for input into the Practice Development and overall Cleary programs.
· Work with the Global Research Lead and other Practice Development team members to ensure products remain aligned with wider Cleary strategy and the evolving needs of the firm’s clients.
Responsibilities – General
· Participate in regular meetings of the Global Research team and Practice Development programs, as well as associated and relevant project meetings.
· Liaise with other business support functions as necessary in course of duties, including the library and business development teams.